Hello! Welcome to Day 2 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Today is the FIRST day of a THREE DAY blog hop to jumpstart your creativity. If you’re new to the coloring challenge or have any questions about the coloring challenge you can refer to this post : http://www.thedailymarker.com/2016/10/coloring-challenge-bring-it-on/
If you are coming from Sarah Jay blog (http://www.criminalgrace.com) you are in the right place. To start at the beginning of the hop go to The Daily Marker’s blog here. http://www.thedailymarker.com/2016/10/day-2-blog-hop-12-giveaways/
I am so excited to be part of this amazing blog hop and color challenge.
When deciding what card I wanted to make for the blog hop, I had a hard time choosing between two of them, so I am going to share both!!!
They both use the new Neat Tangled Maple Thanks stamp set.
I have having a real addiction to leaf stamps this year and this one is just amazing.
For my first card, I stamped the leaf multiple times on Neenah 80 lb card stock with Versa Mark ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
The using the Hero Arts Ombre Autumn ink pad, I mixed my inks with some water mixed with perfect pearls and gently water colored the panel. I have a laminated piece of white card stock that I stamped the inks on and then sprayed the water on and gently mixed it.
I wanted a touch more contrast so I also mixed some Aged Mahogany Distress Ink with the water with perfect pearls and added a touch of that here and there. I really loved the way the back ground turned out.
Then I heated embossed the sentiment with some gold embossing powder to a piece of vellum and added that to my water color panel before adhering it to my card base.
I wanted a base that would make the water color pop, so I made one using Papertrey Ink’s Scarlet Jewel card stock.
For card number 2, I used the same stamp set, the same card base, vellum and gold embossing power, I just changed the way I used them.
I stamped the leaf stamp onto the vellum using Versa Mark ink and heated embossed it using gold embossing power. Then I flipped the vellum over to the back side and colored the image with my Copics. When you color the back side of the vellum and then flip it over to the front, you get a really cool stained glass effect.
I then cut a frame out of 2 nesting square dies and some kraft card stock. I also cut out a piece of chocolate card stock with tiny dots on it for behind my vellum panel. I thought this would give it some additional interest. After I assembled the parts to the frame, I felt like something was missing. So I stamped some Versa Mark ink unto a piece of white paper (along the whole bottom side) and added some gold embossing powder. This gave me matching gold paper for my card. I cut a small strip of it and attached it to the bottom of my framed piece. Then I attached it all to the same scarlet jewel card base that I sued in my first card.
To finish it off, I stamped the sentiment on the card base with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with the same gold powder. That finished off my card,
So using a lot of the same supplies, but different techniques, I made two totally different feeling cards.
I hope you enjoyed my cards for today.
Before you hop on, did I hear some one say prizes????
GIVEAWAY : 12 GOODIE BAGS ! That’s TWELVE CHANCES TO WIN during the three day hop. The more you comment on each hoppers blog or instagram the more chances you have of winning. Winners will be chosen randomly FROM THE BLOGS and INSTAGRAM hop comments. The full list of winners will be announced Wed. Nov 16th 9 am. at www.thedailymarker.com (contest closes 11.13 at 11pm. EST)
Now it’s time to hop to my friend ….you are off to visit Jessica Frost-Ballas at http://www.allthesparkle.com
Thank you for your visit today and I hope to see you during the coloring challenge. Be sure to use the hashtag #thedailymarker30day so we can find your work or you can join the Facebook group here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/201290420294581/
here is a list of the entire blog hop;
- Kathy Racoosin http://www.thedailymarker.com/
- Barb Smith-Walker www.thebuzzfromqueenb.com
- Sarah Jay http://www.criminalgrace.com
- Kim Kimmel Becker www.thisthatandthewholekaboodle.com
- Jessica Frost-Ballas www.allthesparkle.com
- Lisa Tilson www.mycardtrip.co.uk / http://www.mycardtrip.co.uk/2016/11…
- Kymona Tracey www.kreativekymona.com
- Dana Kersey Joy www.gotjoycreations.blogspot.com
- Barb Summers Engler http://bdengler4.blogspot.com/
- Sonja Kerkhoffs www.the-art-of-stamping.blogspot.de | http://the-art-of-stamping.blogspot.com/…
- Olga Pershina http://cornerpo.blogspot.com.es/
- Sandy Boone http://threeroomstudioblog.blogspot.ca
- Sarah Nottingham https://craftyrat.uk/ | https://craftyrat.uk/2016/11/02/tdm…
- Marika Gewalli http://www.craftybitcreations.com/
- Monica Pineda http://squashytape.blogspot.com/
- Birka Reinitz www.mitherzundschere.blogspot.de
- Steph L-c https://stephmadeitforyou.wordpress.com/…
- Mayra Duran-Hernandez http://mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com.es/…
- Jenny Lee Yamasaki https://handmadebyjly.wordpress.com/…
- Liz Sarkisyan http://familycreationfun.blogspot.com.es/…
- Julia Altermann http://just-one-more-card.com/
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Hugs and Blessings,